Thursday 28 February 2008

How I will organise my boards:

I have just written out for myself a summary of how I developed my character, 'Jitters', and evaluated what is relevant for the boards and what is not. Based on this, I have decided it will be appropriate to create three boards in the followiung order:

1 Development of personality
2 Development of appearance
3 Development/description of mannerisms and emotions

My next step is to create some rough storyboards of what text and images I will use in the boards. From there I can play around with layout, using pencil and paper, in preparation for creating the final artefacts. At the minute I am thinking A2, but it will depend on how much content there is.

3 comments:

lucyirving said...

Sometimes I find it useful to set up the correct board size in illustrator and play around with the sizes on screen using guides before physically setting it out. Not sure if that will help you or not. Thanks for my comments btw :-)

Claire said...

Yes, I was planning to do that after I've worked out what I want to do on paper. Thanks for the tip though.

DAN STONEMAN (DJ / Producer / Designer) said...

Hey Claire,

Cheers for the link, I found this book on human computer interaction:

http://www.amazon.com/Evaluating-automated-mental-health-system/dp/B000PDSKOK/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204577877&sr=1-28

I believe it has some reference to anthropomorphism so might help you in your dissertation!