Monday 25 February 2008

Client Proposal

I have been focussing today on the client proposal project. As the brief is quite open, I have been tailoring the project to my own interests, to get the most out of it I can. This relates mostly to the research side of the project, which I am carrying out beyond the requirements of teh brief, and also to the proposal and work itself, which I have divided into two stages. The first stage is preparation work for teh project proposal. I proposed some work very informally to a current employer and it developed into a poster/postcard campign for a series of careers events. After this is completed the client would like me to work on an information screen for the event, that is animated and in keeping with the poster identity. For this reason, I am not producing a proposal fpor that until teh posters have been completed. So, stage one of my project is documented correspondance including an informal proposal and client written brief, and progression of the poster work . Stage two will be doing some rrsearch into event screen, and producing a more formal, costed proposal for the animation information screen.

What I plan to do/am doing for the project regarding work for the client is as follows:

HAS BEEN DONE

- I made an evaluative choice about which client to go with and why
- I wrote out exactly what my relationship has been with the client prior to start of the project, as she is my current employer, and some working relationship practices are already ion place.
- I made a brief proposition of work that I though could be beneficial to the client
- I corresponded and met with the client to determine what work could be done
- The client and I together agreed on a poster and flyer campaign consisting of 8 of each, the client then asked about an animated information screen for an upcoaming event that the posters will be used in.

AM DOING NOW
- I am now working on the poster campign rather than a proposal for it, whic did not seem nessecary as we discussed and wrote out a brief for teh work together

WILL BE DONE
- I am going to complete the print based work, and then have a meeting with the client about the animated information screen.
-I will then create the proposal requested by this brief for the animation screen, BASED on the identioty of the print based work I am undertaking for the client at the moment. When I do this I will use some of the resources on moodle that have been used in previous years, which includesa guide to what the proposal should consist of.

Regarding research and personal development in this project, as I am more interested in finding a job, perhaps with on the job trianing, at graducation, rather than freelancing, I am creating a research folder looking at jobs types within my chosen industry, interactive design, and rates of pay / locations / tips for finding work, interviews ect, and also looking at standard paratices for interacting with clients in any given situation. That section will feed into my project directly in the way I interact with my own client.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thanks for the link, i think we are ahead of most on the client proposal.