Friday 22 February 2008

Reading Week Summary

I've had a productive week since my last post. On Sunday I applied for the work experience opportunity at Wired Sussex, and then the next morning received an e-mail from the events manager there (who I've met now on several occasions, at Creative Catapult and the digital media job fair) who asked me to come in for an interview, and also wanted to offer me some other work, in the form of taking photographs for a conference. I went in on Thursday, and will hear back about the work experience I applied for at a later date, and in the meantime am going back on Tuesday to discuss times/locations for the photographs.

I've also done a lot of work on the client proposal project this week. I'm developing a poster/post card campaign for SNS, that will consist of 8 colour coded posters and 8 colour coded postcards, to be put up in colleges across Sussex and used at events. When this is done, I will write up my proposal part of the project for a 3 minute animation using the same identity as the campaign, to be used at the events as an information screen.

Finally, my character project is going well, and I'm on track with times, although I did change my storyboard due to time concerns and technical difficulties.

This coming week I plan to get the animation finished so I can work on the 'storyboards of how you created the character' which I assume is not referring to storyboards of the animation, but images and descriptions of the characters development throughout the project. I will check this though. Also this week I will be meeting with my Creative Catapult team, and need to prepare some work in advance of that re: our pitch. Finally I aim to have the rough poster layouts completed and fonts chosen with my client for the client proposal project, so that I can begin work on the final artifacts the week following.

2 comments:

SV said...

Sounds like you've been busy. I thought it was the actual storyboards , but now you say it, you are probably right it's storyboards of about the process, but how?

Claire said...

That' what I've been wondering. I suppose since it isn't stipulated what to show, it's up to us to be inventive, and use them to show our charcter in the most developed waty possible. I'be been trying to research 'character development storyboards' but all I come up with is regular storyboards, which really doesn't seem to be what the brief is asking for.