Tuesday 4 March 2008

Boards and final preparations

So, to update, I have finished my animation, but am having trouble exporting sound. It shouldn't be too hard to fix this, it's a problem I have had many times. I usually get around it by exporting the visual, and then matching it with the sound in i-movie. It is a nusiance though. I think it's a technical fault with the program, as my version of After Effects is rather old.

As for boards, I have nearly finished laying them out digitally (there are three), and will print them at the start of next week, to carefully mount and package. I'm not too worried about mounting as I have done it hundreds of times on previous courses, and will be using ready cut board so it won't take more than a quarter of an hour at most, packaging will be fine, although I am concerned over the sending of the package, as I have been warned it will be costly.

Regarding this, I will package the foam board between to rigid sheets of firmer cardboard, to protect them, make sure the CD is in a hardcase rather than a softslip, and then wrap all in bubble wrap, then brown paper, all tied up with string.

I aim to get this finished by the Thursday, as I am keeping next Friday free to meet with my client over client proposal, and I have a monumentus amount of work I need to get done for her over the next couple of weeks, alongside the client proposal, which is for a differet piece of work, that I will be working on later in the Spring.

My dissertation has not developed much beyond more research, as I am waiting to hear back from John who is reading over my draft.

No comments: