Thursday 13 March 2008

Creative Catapult Review

This was a wonderful experience. I'm really glad I signed up for it.

To re-cap, it was set up by Wired Sussex in conjunction with Kanoti, and held at the Lighthouse. Briefs were given by the BBC in January, and we, the attendees (students and graduates interested in aniation and illustration) were divided into four groups of four and given two months to work toegther on a pitch for the BBC.

Yesterday we had the final workshop, in which we all pitched to the BBC, and then given an evening seminar aimed to guide us in building confidence and start building our careers, whether or not we knew what we wanted to do.

The experience of working in a team and pitching to the BBC was not only a rewarding one, but an enjoyable one, and it was great to meet such a diverse range of professional practitioners and other students and graduates.

I left the event feeling truely inspired, enabled and empowered, and am very glad to have attended.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I think we got a lot out of creative catapult, ESP the talks in the evening. I'm still a little surprised there was only three people from our course who bothered.

I got a great deal from it, glad you did too.

sign said...

Well, really … I’ve found a blog name and now I’m beginning to design my Home page.

Digital Media

Refurbished printhead said...

Wow, great article, I really appreciate your thought process and having it explained properly, thank you!