Monday 19 November 2007

Self-Evaluation of Presentation

Yesterday I gave my presentation. It did not, unfortunately, go as smoothly as hoped. I practiced it twice over the weekend to try and make sure the timing was fine, but did not allow time for technical difficulties, which I had, and so I ran over by a couple of minutes. I also feel that I read to much and did not express my enthusiasm as much as I should have. I was so determined to get all my info out there, that I think I did not fully sell just how popular my product could be. Also, I noticed most other people had a lot more content in their power point presentations, just with key-points to prompt their speech, something I felt needed to be avoided when creating my own presentation, because I was trying my hardest to put more effort into my actual idea and show I was thinking about other ways of presenting, rather than falling back on a tried but trusted method. In retrospect though, I was I had done that, because I think it's tried and trusted for a reason. If I had to present again, I would have bullet points and talk about the product more freely, and just mention that I have the research facts to back it up, and that they can be seen in the proposal, which is probably a better way of approaching it. Then I could have focussed more specifically on what it is and how it works, and why it would be popular, and summed all my other pricing/enviroment/health ect concerns into a more liberal speech, to say that they exist, but not explain their research unless asked.

However, I contained my nervousness well, I think, and I beleive that my proposal itself is very strong, thorough, well though out and considered from a range of perspectives, and I fully support and stand by my concept idea.

No comments: