Thursday 29 November 2007

Discussion with Sarah Strickett

Today Sarah Strickett spoke to us about her animation work. In the afternoon session I spoke with her about my ideas for the project, to be specific, I said that I'm enjoying the theories behind interaction, and the ideas of playing with mental and physical interaction. Also I spoke about my idea of having a book that interacts someway, perpaps with sensors in the pages that trigger animated projections, maybe with a web camera in it. I like the idea of breaking through the 'fourth wall', and looking deeper into it. I asked if she knew of any interactive animation I could look at, but she didn't. What she did suggest was that I look at the film 'Being John Malkovich', becuase of the way it plays with realities, she said my explanation of the fourth wall to her reminded her of it becuase it's about walls between fantasy and reality. I will look into it.

No comments: