Wednesday 7 November 2007

Presentation Development

Have been re-thinking my take on the presentation. I still think 'pitching' it as a product is the best way to proceed, but have decided instead of using still images in a powerpoint presentation that I need to keep scrolling through, I will jazz it up a bit by having my three 'concept boards' play on loop as an animation, which I will create in After Effects or Flash, and then export this as a movie to play looped on a single slide in power point. This means I can have a title page, and when I'm ready to unveil my concept, will only need to press next slide once, which will allow me to concentrate on my pitch and stand away from the keyboard, in a position where I can face everyone, which I think is very important when presenting in such a verbal, formal manner.

1 comment:

UCU FE Branch Brighton said...

good points. the most important part of any presentation is you and sometimes resources and material can get in the way of that. having said that this is a digital media design course so appropriate use of technology to impress during delivery might be a good thing. if you plan to do anything challenging and potentially time-consuming regarding the presentation method make sure any unpredictable tasks are addressed sooner rather than at the last minute. looking forward to seeing what you produce...