Wednesday 14 November 2007

Portfolio Clinic

Handed in project this morning. Am going to spend rest of week doing some research for the dissertation, and re-charging my batteries for the next project.

Last night I went to the portfolio clinic at Grande Parade. It was a really useful experience. The room was quite small and dark, with lit tables packed close together, and people hovering around whomever they wished to speak to, and due to the crowded environment, I only got to see half the companies I wanted, but I saw a few others I hadn't planned on speaking to, that actually turned out to be much more useful than I had expected of the ones that I did want to see. One rep from Nixon Mcinnes took my CV to shreds and told me how to re arrange the content, and what to cut, and what to add in. She also said that the covering letter when applying for a job is almost more important than the CV itself. It was also suggested that I look into facebook, which I personally don't like, becuase if applyoing for a job with her, she would expect potential web designers to have 'experienced' all aspects of the web, and to be active about participating in it.

Everyone I spoke to agreed that A3 is the bext size for a paper portfolio, but that it would be better to stick with a digital one.

No comments: