Tuesday 11 December 2007

TUTORIAL WTH DANIEL PRYDE JARMAN - notes

I talked through my three key ideas with Daniel and identified that my favourites are ‘two’ (intersperson interaction) and ‘three’(interactive book). He suggested that three seems a bit too similar to the last project because of some of the technologies I mention such as e-paper. I don’t fully agree with this, as the emphasis would not be on the technologies used, but on the idea of having an object that seems like ‘old’ media- not very interactive, being surprisingly interactive and becoming ‘new’. However, I too agree it might not be the best direction to go in, as I feel I have more material and ideas to use with option two. Daniel suggested research areas for both idea one(memory/time travel) and two, but I think all would be relevant to two, as I have not totally eliminated the idea of incorporating a memory theme into idea 2. I am going to look at all these areas and develop some new variations to the ideas I have already proposed, from which I will pick one to start working on the deliverable for at the end of the Christmas break/start of week five. I like the idea of not just presenting my work on screen as a proposal, but also perhaps creating it for real if possible and filming people using it (if it is an installation) I will see how my ideas develop and start to consider presentation/deliverable over Christmas.

Comments from Dan / Research to look at-

- Guy Debord – Society of the Spectacle
- Situationist Theory
- Deriva
- Churchill quote: “We design buildings, but then they design us’
- Be productive I games. Don’t just have a threat to defeat
- Systems between people
- Limitations between people
- Geo-caching
- Pervasive gaming
- Psycho-geography
- Blast Theory (Day of The Figurines)

No comments: