Tuesday 4 December 2007

Self critique of progress so far....

I have just been evaluating my progress so far in this project, and it has come to my attention that something I should be doing is demonstrating my ability to work on multiple projects. I am doing the working on multiple projects bit, but just not demonstrating so, and I will do this by blogging about other areas of my professional development, aside from just this project.

THE DISSERTATION

I am generating some research for this, but probably not enough as I should be. I have decided to focus on creating an essay plan for it over the christmas holidays, and so will make sure that I do alot of rsearch over this period. o prepare for that I will talk to a tutor in class about my ideas before breaking up next week.

CLIENT PROPOSAL

This has not yet been formally introduced but I have approached one company, whom I used to do graphic design work for, to see if they would be interested in me re designing their site, which they are unhappy with, but have not yet received an answer. I will wait to see exactly what the brief entails before making any definitive decisions.

OTHER WORK

Client:
I am about to take on some work for a man putting together a business proposal for sponsorship for his child's sporting activities, this will involve photoshop work.

Student Network Work:

I am continuing to work for Sussex Learning Network / Student Network Sussex and have just submitted a magazine advert which will be printed in XYZ magazine sometime soon. I am also about to start working on web updates for our site, which was visually designed by me and another girl, but has been in the care of another web development student for the past few months, so I could concentrate on uni work. I will now be helping with regular updates. I have also been asked by SLN to act as official photographer for the foundation degree sympoisum in Lewes in the Spring. I have also recently done work for sister company Aim Higher Sussex, in the form of a student rep at a skills fair, and going to Stenyning Gammer School to give a talk about my experience on the FdA course. From January, I will be working with the event management team at SNS to help generate promo material for the student learning event we are holding in March. That work will begin once the venue has been determined. I have also been creating the visual template for our monthly newsletter over the past month.
Our site has lot's os useful info for students mainly in lower level courses, but is worth look anyway. We also have a student forum if your interested in getting involved.

http://www.studentnetworksussex.org.uk/


Creative Catapult:

I have applied for the Creative Catapult workshops, but have not heard back yet.

DScape:

I attended Portfolio Clinic

ITV:

I did a days work experience for ITV last month which is featured here.

Personal Projects:

Sometime by the end of the year I want to re design my own site and change it from Flash to HTML/CSS.

MY SITE


Job Hunting:

I have been working on my CV and keeping an eye out for potential companies to apply to for work next year. I am going to start e-mailing and asking what they would except to see in potential candidates, so that I can prepare myself to start applying for work in May/June.

2 comments:

DAN STONEMAN (DJ / Producer / Designer) said...

Hi Claire!

Thanks for the comments on my blog! I like some of the ideas you are generating!

Just a few quick question on your website:

What site did you register your domain on?

Also is your site completely Flash based?

Claire said...

It's registered with Streamline.net, who also handle my hosting. It was a package deal. I really recommend them, they are one of the cheapest I found, have an excellent support system, and ftp included.

Yes, my site is all flash, although I'm thinking of changing it to html/css as soon as I have the time.