Monday 10 December 2007

Thoughts Regarding The Disseration

One week left of term. Getting a bit worried. Had a plan for myself to get my research together, and get an essay plan done over Christmas. Now there is rumoured talk of having a first draft done over Christmas, something I had envisioned working on from January until roughly the middle of Febuary. I think I can pull together some of the research I've been doing and get a detailed essay plan done, with a specific question and argument outlined, and themes to discuss and a conclusion all planned out by the end of the Christmas holiday, and will work hard to get a first draft finished by the middle/end of January. I do not want to rush this though, because I think that would be quite harmful to it's development. I have been keeping interesting texts for my research folder, so I do not feel it is something that needs me to suddenly rush into action, as I have decided now to go with the topic of relationships between humans and computers, and have alot of material in my blog already that I want to use. Some interesting ideas I think I might want to address in my dissertation and wish to research further before I start writing or turn my topic into a specific question will include cyberfeminism, cybernation, cybernetics, walter benjamins 'the age of mechanical reproduction', interaction theories, anthropomorphism, and cultural differences in relationships with technology.

No comments: