Tuesday 11 December 2007

SELF EVALUATION

SUMMARY OF WEEK THREE / GOALS FOR WEEK FOUR


This week I have been mainly looking back through my work so far and re-organizing my filing of it all. This has helped me to gain a self-awareness of where my strongest research lies and what my best ideas are. After having a tutorial with Daniel Pryde Jarman at the end of this week, and taking into account my ideas for the dissertation and conversations that I have had with Michael and some of the guest speakers, I have decided on the topic of ‘interperson interaction’, and am going to spend this next week (which technically will be only 4 days…my ‘weeks’ are more periods of time that start on a Wednesday because of the date we began the project. I will alter this after the Christmas vacation so that week five begins on the Monday.) doing some specific research to advance my knowledge in this area, based on some tips given to me by Daniel in my conversation with him. I will also take a closer look at the tv show Knightmare which has been of influence to my development of ideas, but has only been mentioned in my blog thus far, and start generating specific, developed ideas for my final piece. I will also read through and make notes on the excerpts from texts that I have this week photocopied, and start looking at the issue of interactive design architecture and principles.


SELF EVALUATION OF PROGRESS SO FAR

I have still not started putting examples of visual research on my blog, which I should be doing, and will aim to start soon. My research is very strong, and I have started looking at counter arguments for issues I research and developing my own ideas. I am also aware of the fact that soon out ‘Client Proposal’ project will start and am keeping an eye open for work opportunities.
I have started generating a lot more research for my dissertation this week, but feel I should be further along with this. I am confident though that I can have a detailed essay structure/plan written up by the end of the Christmas holidays, and am currently doing some reading for that. I want to have sorted out my question by the time we break up. Once my structure is written up I will be able to write a draft fairly quickly I think (as my blog indicates, I enjoy to write), it is just the starting and evaluating what material to use and what not to, and which themes would be best to discuss that is what takes the time. This is what I will spend the Christmas vacation concentrating on doing.

1 comment:

Richard Smythe said...

Hey Claire. Thanks for that, just checking it out now!