Wednesday 31 October 2007

Nearing end of week five - progress report

I'm now approaching the end of week five, and do realise that I haven't 'blogged' for a week and a half, which is not for lack of interest, but simply becuase my intenet connection has been playing up, and I like to use class time to take advantage of doing web research and printing.



So to summarise where I am:

I am feeling very clear minded about what I want to get done and how to achieve it. I have decided to focus my attentions on strengthening the concept rather than trying to teach myself to create a flashy 3D presentation. So, I am working on creating a rough presentation now written in word, and then I will create some visual aids in photoshop to illustrate it. Then I will get friends and family to look over it and ask critical questions, that I can then consider and compose answers to in case I am asked in the real presentation. I will then organize the information I want to deliver into either a power point presentation or a flash microsite that promotes the concept. I have now created some mock up images of my product, 2 of the 4 I have planned, and am also wondering whther or not to create a screen grab of teh software program (or 'settings') it would be supplied with, which is challenging me because it envokes the question: what will software look like in 30-50 years time? I might instead just create a site map of what options and pages would be in the software, and show how it would be organized.
I still have a little research left to do, but it is mostly complete. I plan on producing a written 'proposal' of the product to hand in along with the presentation, that will EXPLAIN the product and JUSTIFY why each design/technical desicion has been made, offering links or quotes to research 'evidence' that backs up my decisions

As for time, I hope to finish all my visual aids and and generated all content for the microsite/presentation by the start of next week(6). I am also hoping to work towards completing by the original hand in date of next Thursday, so that I have the reading week leftover in case anything goes disasterously wrong!

I would also like to note that I found the BBC4 TV show 'The genius of Photography' which is on Thursdays at 9pm, and recommend it to anyone interested in the area. It had a really great quote last week that relates to this project:

"New technologies don't just change the future, but they change the way we perceive the world around us"
I think this is a comment worth considering, becuase it has been true of many past technologies uch as photography, moving image, the internet, satellites...ect

No comments: