Tuesday 9 October 2007

WEEK ONE SUMMARY / GOALS FOR WEEK TWO

So far I am on track with my project. I have done a lot of initial research and developed a brainstorm with many different thoughts about the project and beginnings of ideas. I am trying to keep an open mind to many different ways to approach the project, and not settle on one particular technology concept to research, but many. I am thinking about environmental concerns, disabled people interacting with their environment, motion sensor holograms with speech recognition, and possible interfaces that could develop in homes in the future.

This week I plan on researching technology around the home and brainstorming ideas as to how it can be improved or how it will evolve over the next couple of decades. I then want to expand my brainstorm and start thinking up more developed concept ideas. I will then choose four or five of my strongest ideas (ones as different as possible) and begin researching how the technology behind them might work, how useful they could be, what the impact on the proposed market would be, and any ethical, economic, political, or environmental factors that might be relevant.

My research to date has included many websites, New Scientist Magazine, The Economist Magazine, Technology Review Magazine and I am now going to be using photographs to draw inspiration.

I would recommend the New Scientist periodicals in the library to everyone, as they are very inspirational and got me thinking about alot of angles to approach the project that I hadn't previously considered.

No comments: