Wednesday 17 October 2007

Summary of week two and plans for week three(in progress already)

The last week has gone quite well, I transcribed and researched ideas from BT's Technology timeline, and generated quite a lot of concept ideas for the project.
This week, I have set myself the goal of researching three or four of my best ideas in more detail and to brainstorm more ideas to improve each one. I am then hoping to select my final concept idea at the start of next week. These ideas include:

Interactive Holograms: Using chatbot technology with eye tracking software and voice recognition, so that the hologram can always be looking eye to eye with the person who asks it a question - could be used as an information resource in libraries, museums, train stations ect
Critical thoughts about concept:
Is it too futuristic? Would it be financially worth it? Is it needed or an excesive waste of energy? If so, how could I alter it not to be? How could it be developed into a success. Could the idea be developed to become a smaller screenbased 'cyber pilot' rather than a hologram that helps people navigate the internet, like a face for search engines that you speak to instead of typing in, that talks to you. Is that too much like a chatbot? If so, how could I develop it into a future application?


Empathic TV: Using emotion reading device to assess a viewers emotions, and offer up a selection of tv shows / films that match. Would mean each programme has a mood tab applied to it
Critical thoughts on concept:
Is this too basic? How popular would it be? Should I carry out questionnaire research to see how people respond to the idea?


Pedestrian Sensors: Product added to cars, that uses blue tooth type technology to alert drivers when they are entering a new speed zone, and to ask them to slow down.
Critical thoughts on concept:
Is it too much like sat.nav systems? What is the projected statistic for how successful this could be in road safety, cutting down on accidents? How could the idea become more futuristic?


Empathic Fridges/Cupboards: Using Reznet technology, would sense health and suggest posible dietary options for food.
Critical thoughts on concept:
Would this be too novelty? Therefore, un-needed? If taken seriously, would should be thought about to ensure it gives safe health advice?

Later today I will be presenting my progress so far, and hopefully getting some feedback related to these thoughts that could help. By the end of the week, I hope to be settled on which concept to choose, so that next week(4) I can research it in more detail and develop ideas around it, and collect evidence to justify and strenghtan my decisions related to it's development.

No comments: