Thursday 4 October 2007

Module One: Design Futures, Week One.

INITIAL REACTION TO BRIEF

My first reaction to this brief was that it seemed intimidating. I have been trying to figure out what sort of concept I am supposed to produce. Having thought about this for a couple of days and having it discussed in class has helped me start to think about what I would like to work towards learning from this project. That is to say, I think it would be good to spend the next six weeks researching a concept related loosely to interactive design or animation, because those are two areas I would like to learn more about over this year. However digital media in general would be as beneficial. Other thoughts of the top of my head are to consider the environment. I think doing some research into future digital technology that’s is more environmentally friendly could be worthwhile. Also, I have always liked the idea that one day perhaps some sort of printer could be developed that prints images that you have stored in your brain. Or a computer that types based on your words, so you can speak and it will type what you say. However I think that last one is already an invention of the present.

TIME PLANNING FOR THE PROJECT

Below is a rough guide, which will probably change and develop based on the decisions I make over the next couple of weeks, of what I will do in each week of this project, to ensure that I finish in time.

Week one

01 – 07 Oct

Initial Research (starting point: recommended reading)

Initial Ideas

Week two

08 – 14 Oct

Developed research based on selection of best ideas

Evaluation of ideas based on research

Idea development

Week three

15 – 21 Oct

Selection of concept

Treatment created (if applicable to idea- otherwise a mood board)

Developed research

Concept development

Week four

22 –28 Oct

Concept development

Ideas about what presentation should involve

Week five

29 – 04 Nov

Presentation development

Week six

05 – 08 Nov

Fine tuning of presentation and concept

Evaluation

Print and bind sketchbook


TIME PLANNING / GOALS FOR WEEK ONE

This week my goal is to look at all the suggested research to gain a better idea of what this project is about, and then to generate a wide range of initial ideas.

No comments: